ABOUT DHARAMSALADharamsala is a city in the state of Himachal Pradesh surrounded by cedar forest on the edge of the Himalayas.
- It is winter capital city of H.P and the city situated in Kangra district.
- Dharamsala famous on Dalai lama’s temple and Buddhism culture. Also the city covered with many tourist destinations.
- We can access here by air, nearest airport is Gaggal Airport just 13 km away from Dharamsala . And in the case of Railway nearest major railway station is Pathankot .
DHARAMSALA FOOD AND FESTIVAL
- Dharamsala is a city with very cold weather. It’s very pleasant in summer and freezing cold in the winter. The wheat and fresh vegetables are the common foods in Dharamsala. The restaurant and hotels in Dharamsala host Chinese, Indian and Tibetan food recipes.some famous food are following. Momos ,thukpa,lang phing, tibetian bread ,tudkiya bhut etc.
- Dharamsala average annual temperature is 16.2 °C. In winter season the temperature starts to dip low every day and ultimately reaches -1 degrees Celsius in the December end.And in summer season the temperature will be near 23.5 °C and above.
- Buddha Purnima festival is celebrated with full zest in Dharamshala as this place accommodates Tibetan people who celebrate this day with full enthusiasm. This is the major festival in Dharamshala. Buddha Purnima is celebrated in months of March-April and possesses a great importance to the local people.
FAMOUS TOURIST DESTINATIONS IN DHARAMSALA
- This temple is located on a hilltop that offers a spectacular view of the Dhauladhar Ranges and the Beas River.
- This monastery is famous all over the world for the practice of tantric meditation.
- Best time to visit the Gyuto Mostery during the festival of Buddha Purnima because during that festival, the monastery is at its peak level of gorgeous decoration. Moreover, the delicious Tibetan food and the colourful cultural show too is an attraction at that time.
- No entry fees. open 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.
- Dal Lake is a small mid-altitude lake, It is 1775 meter above sea level.it is also known as Bagsunag lake.
- The name 'Dal Lake' is taken from Kashmir's Dal Lake.
- The lake is surrounded by deodar trees and is considered to be a sacred spot as there is small Shiva temple on its bank.
- Dal lake is a perfect site to laze around with picnic baskets as one can enjoy boating and many other activities.
- Dal lake is open on 7.00 AM closing AT 8.00PM.
- There is no entry fees.
DHARAMSALA CRICKET STADIUM:-
- Its Himachal Pradesh cricket association (HPCA) stadium established in 2003.
- The stadium situated at an altitude of 1457 meter above the sea level and it has snow capped Himalayan mountains in the background.
- The stadium served as the homeground of Himachal Pradesh state team in Ranji Trophy matches .And the stadium also hosted some IPL matches as a home stadium for Kings Eleven Punjab.
- The first international match held in this stadium on 2013 (IND vs ENG)The last match was in 2019 (IND vs SRI).
- Stadium open for visitors 9.00AM to 6.00PM.Best day for visiting is 3.00pm to 6.00pm.
- No entry fee for visitors (fee applicable during match ).
ST. JOHN IN THE WILDERNESS CHURCH:-
- The church was built in the year 1852. It was dedicated to John the Baptist and also one of the viceroys of India.
- Church build with neo-gothic architecture. The church famous for its stunning design is set amidst deodar forests and is full of memorial stones of the British soldiers.
- Church may look like an old and abandoned structure but the insides are still very well maintained and quite active.
- The Belgian stained glass windows are the main attractions of the church from the outside.
- No entrance fee. opening time 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Triund is small hill station in Dharmasala . Its also known as crown jewel of Dharamsala.
- Its one of the most popular trekking and camping spot in india.
- This hilltop standing an altitude of 2827 meter above the sea level.
- Trekking way of triund covered with beautiful oak, deodar trees .these are very beautiful in the month of Jan and Feb.
- Its almost 9 km trekking. you can trek any time but day time is good. You can camp there with your tent without any charge . Camping package starts from 1200 and above.
- Bhagsu Waterfall is located on the main road which connects Mcleodganj and Dharamshala .
- The waterfall starts at the base of the Dhauladhar Valley, which is also considered to be a religious spot.
- The Bhagsu Fall reaches the peak of its glory and majesty during the monsoon season when the water falls from a height of around 30 feet .
- No entry fee, Open time 7.00 Am to 9.00 pm.
- trek leads up to the waterfall is yet another unparalleled experience.
- The prime attraction here is the famous Bhagsunath Temple.
Post a Comment